A few days ago, Kazuko tagged me for a “7 Things About You” meme, and since inspiration for a new post has not yet struck me, I thought it would be a good way to pick up the metaphorical pen again! I can’t think of anyone to tag though so if you’re interested in doing this, please link me to your post so I can read it!
1. I’ve had a blog since I was 11 years old. It’s actually still online, though I refuse to link to it out of embarrassment! My 11-year-old self penned and designed it from scratch in HTML and Paint Shop Pro. After that initial blog, I ran a 7-year-project blog called Sensitivity, which was hosted on various friends’ domains and powered using Greymatter, if anyone remembers that! When I started college, I became a full-time Livejournaler, to which I still remain faithful for more personal blogging. It’s always funny for me to hear articles refer to fashion bloggers as “first-generation bloggers” because really, they are quite late to the game!
2. I have a twin sister, who blogs at Les Ombres Chinoises. Yes, we are identical, though we don’t always look so in pictures!
3. I began studying Japanese with aspirations of being able to pick up a manga and read it in its original language. I’ve finally reached my goal, though at present I am limited to simpler stories with furigana.
4. When I was 16, I dyed my hair red after reasoning that it should look good since I had the same coloration as Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion. (Yes, I was inspired by an anime character!)
5. My liquor of choice is vodka. It’s blends so smoothly with many of my favorite juices – including orange juice and cranberry juice. And it’s pretty affordable, too! (My favorite cheap vodka is Svedka, which is unexpectedly potent!)
6. My favorite literary movement is romanticism. It definitely isn’t the only one I enjoy (I do read a good amount of modern and surrealist fiction), but I find myself reaching for George Eliot and Victor Hugo time and time again!
7. I have a preference for cartoons over regular television. (Spongebob is my favorite!) I am, however, watching Battlestar Galactica right now, and I absolutely love it! But almost invariably I’d rather watch cartoons than any television series.
Up next: hair tutorial!