Danny Boy

Lindsay and I, taken by Lauren Herbst
Wearing a D&G Dolce & Gabbana denim backless dress and Ciao Bella riding boots

Occasionally, I’ll accompany Lindsay to her barn for impromptu horse-riding lessons. It’s tons of fun, and the closest thing to a workout that I’ll ever get. It’s actually an incredibly physical sport, with a lot of attention to posture, position of hands and feet, and so much more; in fact, it reminds me a lot of ballet! Originally, our lessons were just for fun (and a way to hang out), but they turned out to be quite useful when my friend Jessica Power asked me to do a horse-themed photoshoot!

We tried to get Danny (Lindsay’s horse) to let me ride him bareback, but he had thrown out his back (we didn’t know it at the time, but he was acting belligerent so I dismounted), so we mostly just walked him around the pasture. Thanks so much, Danny, for being a good sport!

More pictures forthcoming! I decided to spread these out over a few posts since there are a ton of images (and she’s sending me more). Until then, please check out Jessica Power Photography on Facebook, and visit her Tumblr for more lovely photographs!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

7 Comments

1. Rosaspina Vintage
    June 30, 2011 at 2:07 am
    Link

These pictures are truly beautiful! I am smitten Catherine :)
    Look forward to see the rest of the shoot!
    Ale
    x

2. Lindsey
    June 30, 2011 at 8:49 am
    Link

I really adore this one: http://seecreatures.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/80820019_small.jpg

You look so pretty!

3. Cate
    June 30, 2011 at 11:28 am
    Link

Beautiful xoxo

4. Genevieve
    June 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm
    Link

Very pretty and I am so inlove with the way you curl you hair.

5. Lindsay
    June 30, 2011 at 6:21 pm
    Link

I was really surprised when Jessica said that the film was expired; I think the effect is really neat!
    I love how big you make my little pony look :3 I can’t wait to see the rest of the shots as well! Barb can’t wait to see the photos of Lucy.

Danny’s back is doing SO much better. He’s had a week of strict stall rest and hand walking, some good drugs, magnet therapy, arnica liniment, and heated massages. Not that he’s spoiled or anything ;)

6. Katie
    July 12, 2011 at 2:29 pm
    Link

What a lovely creature he is! I used to do riding when I was little, this post has made me really miss it! I’m thinking of getting some lessons again over the summer so this has urged me on a bit further :)

7. Leisa Weiand
    May 19, 2013 at 2:10 am
    Link

Horse riding looks fun and enjoyable but it is a skillful job. For a smooth ride, both horse and the rider need to strike the right balance. It is important for a rider to follow a horse’s motion and stay in balance, if not you will end up gripping the horse with your thighs, clinging on to him by holding their calves etc. if this creates some unbalance in the horse’s motions, his ability to turn would get affected.:^-:

Look into our personal homepage too