Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from Bunny & me! This year, I realized one of my childhood dreams of making a Sailor Moon costume – although it is not entirely accurate at this point and heavily in progress. I still have some work to do on it today! So far I’ve probably poured about 12 hours into it, mostly all in the collar and bows. In general I’m very pleased with how it’s turned out so far, but certain things (like the collar, the bloomers, and the sleeves) need to be redone or finished.

Here’s a photo with the finished collar and skirt

What are you going as for Halloween this year?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

7 Comments

1. Lindsey
    October 31, 2011 at 10:56 am
    Link

Happy Halloween! This costume is awesome, it looks really good! I’m not doing a thing this year lol ;~;

• Catherine
      October 31, 2011 at 11:21 am
      Link

I have definitely had those years! :( Last year I just wore my costume from the year before, too (Marie Antoinette), so it’s pretty rare that I go all out. Also, thank you~ ♥

2. Bobby
    October 31, 2011 at 11:21 am
    Link

We don’t really celebrate it in SA very largely. I’ve got a jar full of sweets waiting for any kidlets to trick or treat :) Have a good Hallow’s Eve!

3. Katherine
    November 1, 2011 at 12:12 pm
    Link

You look awesome! I love Sailor Moon – did you find a Tuxedo Mask?? Haha :)

4. Rosaspina Vintage
    November 1, 2011 at 2:07 pm
    Link

Ah I love it Catherine :) A few years back I cosplayed Sailor Saturn, my mom made the costume in just one morning (she’s amazing at sewing) while I was putting the scythe together and created the rest of the accessories. It was such a fun day!
    …This year, I only made biscuits! :)
    Ale
    x

5. tess - lechaperonrouge.tumblr.com
    November 1, 2011 at 7:28 pm
    Link

super cool! I’d love to be talented enough/dedicated enough to sew up my own costume. Alas! I reckon going in full Elizabethan regalia could be quite swell

6. Pingback: See Creatures » 2011 Year in Review