Final Fantasy

Lonely Hearts leather lace-up shorts

I debated these Lonely Hearts lace-up leather shorts for a long time, but after a month of mentally pairing them with every tee I owned, I finally surrendered to their RPGesque charm and bought them at Fashion Artiste on sale (FYI they are having an extra 20% off sale on their Facebook page). I’m so glad I caved – they are as well-built (fully lined!!) and supple as they are unique. I feel like a Final Fantasy heroine! Only pockets could improve them, honestly.

Lonely Hearts leather lace-up shorts

Worn with my new favorite Wilfred heathered tee from Aritzia and a bronze TomTom chevron aura cuff. Thanks to Mark for being my human tripod ♥

I want to take a moment to remember my beautiful puppy Momo who died exactly a year ago today. Although I miss her constantly, Bunny has really aided in the process of healing, and I’m so glad to be able to remember Momo now more in her life than at her death. I was so lucky to have her, if only for a few years!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

15 Comments

1. Courtney
    February 24, 2012 at 4:33 pm
    Link

really great shorts!!i love how you paired them with a casual tee

2. Clara
    February 24, 2012 at 5:09 pm
    Link

I love your outfit <3 It's always nice to have those adorable things in your hands after struggling for sometime. And I have a puppy too, she's the cutest thing ever. I'm positive that your Momo is living happily somewhere else now :)

3. Joy
    February 24, 2012 at 9:29 pm
    Link

you fantastic. super chic.

4. steph j
    February 24, 2012 at 9:42 pm
    Link

You look amazeballs in those shorts!

5. OtherMix
    February 25, 2012 at 11:21 am
    Link

Sorry about your dog, I hope you have found some peace! (Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, I don’t know how to properly say this in English!)

The shorts are great though! <3

6. Anna
    February 25, 2012 at 1:37 pm
    Link

Rest in peace, little Momo.

7. Jo - Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog
    February 26, 2012 at 12:56 am
    Link

Goodness, those shorts are truly incredible! I love love love the tie up detail! And am completely thinking of Momo today. I remember your post so well, I felt so upset for you : ( I lost a pet about four years ago, and still get upset thinking about it.

x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

8. Patricia GW
    February 26, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Link

Those shorts really do make you look like a Final Fantasy heroine! They look really cute. I’m glad you’re able to remember Momo this way, its a real honor to her memory to remember her life rather than death.

9. Lindsey
    February 26, 2012 at 8:49 pm
    Link

Poor Momo :[ Rest in peace, beautiful baby.

That whole outfit looks fantastic on you!

10. Julia
    February 26, 2012 at 9:58 pm
    Link

Those are great shorts! “RPG-esque charm” is a great way of putting it. You look great!

RIP Momo. <3

11. Liset
    February 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm
    Link

I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know that I really love it! Sorry to hear about your dog but it is nice to take a moment to remember those who we loved, and still love.

12. Geena
    February 28, 2012 at 5:30 pm
    Link

That caramel leather looks divine with your hair and complexion. I’m glad you caved! I’m sure that in addition to your normal wardrobe you’ve imagined the cosplay possibilities…

As for Momo, although she could never be replaced, it’s good to know that another dog has, like you say, helped the healing process. My dog Mojo is truly one of a kind and as he gets older (and/or exhibits all sorts of dangerous, daredevil antics) I can’t even fathom how I would cope. Thank you for sharing more than just fashion with your readers. <3

13. Julie Khuu
    February 28, 2012 at 8:40 pm
    Link

So sick! I’m sure a super inexpensive option compared to those Wang beauties from seasons ago! Love the lace-ups, I can see this working year round! Off to shop your link now :D Thx for the tip!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

14. Fabienne
    February 29, 2012 at 4:55 am
    Link

i like this! thanks for the comment sweetie! x
    THATGIRLKIP

15. teresa
    March 4, 2012 at 3:37 pm
    Link

i’ve always been really afraid of not being able to pull off a leather-based look (i’m really short and scrawny, so i think i’d look… i don’t know, heh), but these shorts are so pretty! the colour is gorgeous and it suits you so well!

p.s. i’m sorry about momo. my pet fish died last year and i never want to have another pet again. it’s just too painful, no matter what kind of pet it is. r.i.p momo! and a hug for you :)